South Hook LNG Awards Annual Scholarship to Dale Student

11th December 2019, Milford Haven, Wales, UK

First year University student Aimee Garnish from Dale is the recipient of South Hook LNG’s 2019 Scholarship Award.

Following successful A Level results, Aimee – a former pupil of Milford Haven School – is embarking on a four-year Business Degree, with a focus on Human Resources at Surrey University. As one of many local students to apply for the energy company’s annual Scholarship which, along with a written application, also involved giving a presentation as to future career aspirations, the Award demonstrates South Hook’s commitment to supporting the educational development of local youngsters.

Commenting on the Scholarship Award, South Hook LNG’s General Manager, Hamad Al Samra said, “We are pleased that this Award continues to attract applications from a wide range of study disciplines.  Aimee not only demonstrated her commitment to learning, but a strong passion for developing human resource – an area vital to maintaining competency levels across industry.”

Brought up in Dale, Aimee’s interest in the business environment began at an early age. Commenting on her chosen field of study, she said, “My interest in business has always been prominent in my life, starting from when my family ran our village pub in my younger years, to every part time job I've had since 2014.

“I've always expressed an interest in how a business works from behind the scenes and I'm finally able to put this interest into a degree and follow on to what will hopefully, become a successful career in Business/Human Resource Management.
“I would like to thank South Hook LNG for this brilliant opportunity and generous scholarship that will hugely help me throughout my studies at the University of Surrey.”

South Hook LNG’s Scholarship Programme encourages applications from local students seeking higher education in engineering, science or business related disciplines. Details for how to apply to the 2020 Award will be available on the Company’s website next year.

-Ends-

Photo caption: Aimee Garnish, South Hook LNG’s Scholarship recipient with South Hook LNG’s General Manager Hamad Al Samra, Operations Manager Ken Hurley, Business Services Manager Julian Owens, HR Manager Andy Street and PR Manager Mariam Dalziel.

Notes to Editor:

South Hook LNG is one of Europe’s largest Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Terminals.  It has a processing capacity of 15.6 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) and is capable of delivering up to 21 billion cubic metres (bcm) per annum of gas into the National Transmission System (NTS) – equivalent to around 20% of current UK natural gas needs. South Hook LNG’s shareholders are Qatar Petroleum, ExxonMobil and Total.

For further information, contact:

Mariam Dalziel, Public Relations Manager
Tel: 01437 782202
Email:  Email: mdalziel@southhooklng.com
Website: www.southhooklng.com

You may also be interested in…