South Hook LNG support students at Pembrokeshire Mencap

10th July 2017, Milford Haven, Wales, UK

Bird Boxes, feeding tables, planters and garden tool carriers are just some of the woodwork projects underway at Pembrokeshire Mencap, following support from South Hook LNG.

Pembrokeshire Mencap provides day care at Stackpole Walled Gardens for young people with learning difficulties and through its Community Fund, South Hook LNG has provided financial support for new tools, supporting workshop activities at the Gardens.

Mariam Dalziel, South Hook LNG, PR Manager said, “We are proud to be able to support community groups through our partnership with PAVS. The new tools will allow students at Stackpole Gardens to continue to create a range of products from wood, helping to develop new skills and provide opportunities that complement the many learning opportunities already provided by the organisation.”

Debbie Drewett, Gardens Manager, said, “The new equipment will transform the learning experience, enabling the students to improve their work but, most importantly, the students will have a greater sense of wellbeing.” Debbie continued, “Money generated by the sale of the products will contribute to the ongoing success of the organisation, so we can continue to support vulnerable adults.”

Supervised by trained staff and volunteers, many of the students are able to follow accredited training in horticultural work, including propagating and growing vegetables and flowers. Fruit, vegetables and plants are harvested daily and are sold in the Garden’s shop and fresh ingredients used in the Garden’s tearoom.

The Stackpole Gardens website provides information on upcoming events and opening times:

The South Hook LNG Community Fund, in partnership with Pembrokeshire Association of Voluntary Services (PAVS), helps Pembrokeshire communities through financial support. Details of how to apply for funding support can be found on the PAVS website (

Photo caption:

Pictured are trustees, staff and students of Pembrokeshire Mencap’s Stackpole Walled Gardens, Lorna Livock, of PAVS and representatives of South Hook LNG.

Notes to Editor:

South Hook LNG is one of Europe’s largest Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Terminals.  It has a processing capacity of 15.6 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) and is capable of delivering up to 21 billion cubic metres (bcm) per annum of gas into the National Transmission System (NTS) – equivalent to around 20% of current UK natural gas needs. South Hook LNG’s shareholders are Qatar Petroleum, ExxonMobil and Total.

For further information contact: Mariam Dalziel, Public Relations Manager
Tel: 01437 782202
Email:  Email:

You may also be interested in…