South Hook LNG Award Scholarship to Local Engineering Student

17th October 2016

A local student from Herbrandston is starting her first year at Plymouth University with a financial boost from South Hook LNG.

Jessie-May Turner, former Head Girl at Milford Haven Comprehensive School is studying for an Engineering Degree in Marine Technology, following successful A Level results. Her dedication and passion for her chosen subject, as well as her future ambition to work in the energy industry, were key to the award given by South Hook LNG’s Scholarship Programme.

“We are pleased to have received such high quality applications from local students who are keen to continue their education in fields that relate directly to the energy industry. Jessie-May is embarking on an exciting time and we look forward to following her success as she works towards a career in engineering” commented South Hook LNG’s General Manager, Rob Else.

Having grown up close to the Port of Milford Haven, Jessie-May’s interest in Marine Engineering was forged from a young age.  “Living in an area rich in maritime history and natural beauty has led me to develop a real appreciation and love towards the ocean and all it encompasses. This coupled with the desire to be part of one of the most exciting, innovative and rapidly expanding industries motivated me to pursue a career in Marine Engineering” she said.

“I am immensely grateful to South Hook LNG for awarding me this scholarship, it will enable me to take full advantage of the fantastic opportunities on offer in my chosen field of study.”

South Hook LNG’s Scholarship Programme was launched earlier this year, encouraging applications from local students seeking higher education in engineering or business related disciplines. Details for how to apply to the 2017 Programme will be available on the Company’s website early next Summer.

-Ends-

Photo caption: Jessie-May Turner with South Hook LNG’s General Manager Rob Else, HR Manager Andy Street and Day Shift Supervisor, Peter Rees during a tour of the Terminal.

Notes to Editor:

South Hook LNG is one of Europe’s largest Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Terminals.  It has a processing capacity of 15.6 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) and is capable of delivering up to 21 billion cubic metres (bcm) per annum of gas into the National Transmission System (NTS) – equivalent to around 20% of current UK natural gas needs. South Hook LNG’s shareholders are Qatar Petroleum, ExxonMobil and Total.

For further information, contact: Mariam Dalziel, Public Relations Manager
Tel: 01437 782202
Email:  Email: mdalziel@southhooklng.com
Website: www.southhooklng.com

You may also be interested in…