Supporting Pembrokeshire Students
The South Hook LNG annual Scholarship Programme offers a financial award and helps Pembrokeshire students excel in their chosen field of study.
- Completed their education within the last year in Pembrokeshire
- Have spent the majority of their secondary education within Pembrokeshire
- Are (or will be) studying at any university within Britain in either Technical (Science or Engineering), or Business related degrees.
- Be a resident in the UK and classified as paying UK tuition fees
- Applications will be received by completing a South Hook LNG Scholarship Application Form (linked below)
- South Hook may seek an academic or personal reference to support the application
- Shortlisted candidates will then be invited to South Hook LNG and will have the opportunity to make a presentation (a maximum of 10 minutes) in support of their application and show examples of their work, if applicable
- South Hook LNG will award one student a payment of £3,000. The scholarship will apply to the first year of study only
- One scholarship will be available to a student studying a Technical (Science or Engineering), or Business related degree
- The Selection Panel's judgement is final and no correspondence whatsoever will be entered into concerning the decision
- The successful candidate must not, under any circumstances defer take up of the scholarship until a later date and must commence their studies at the start of the 2019 academic year
- The successful candidate must be resident in the UK and classified as paying UK tuition fees
- Shortlisted candidates must be available for interview at South Hook LNG during May 2019
- Applicants must make South Hook LNG aware if they are applying for alternative scholarships
- Applicants must immediately make South Hook LNG aware if they are offered a Scholarship. The successful candidate will only be permitted to accept the South Hook LNG scholarship, if declining other offers of a similar nature
- Application forms should be submitted to South Hook LNG by Friday, 26th April 2019
- The evaluation process of applications will be completed end of April/early May and will be communicated to the candidates thereafter
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview at the Terminal. It is essential that candidates are available for these interviews
- Scholarship funds will be transferred to the successful candidate in September/October following receipt of enrolment confirmation
- There will be an awards presentation and associated publicity at South Hook LNG in October. The successful candidate will join representatives of South Hook LNG for lunch and a tour of the Terminal. It is a requirement that the award winner is able to attend this event and gives their consent to publicity
In 2018, South Hook LNG awarded a Scholarship to Will Cahil. Will is currently undertaking a four-year Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering at Imperial College London. Read more
Please be advised that any information you supply to us, will be held in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Statement.