South Hook LNG Scholarship Award

24th October 2018, Milford Haven, Wales

South Hook LNG Scholarship Award

A student from Llangwm is beginning his first year of a four-year University degree at Imperial College London with a financial boost, thanks to South Hook LNG’s annual Scholarship Award.

Following successful A Level results, Will Cahill - a pupil of the former Tasker Milward School -  is embarking on a four year Masters Degree in Chemical Engineering, including a year in industry. Will was one of many local students to apply for the energy company’s annual Scholarship which, along with a written application, also involved giving a presentation as to future career aspirations.

“Yet again, the quality of the applications that we received was hugely impressive,” commented South Hook LNG’s General Manager, Hamad Al Samra. “We are pleased to be offering the Award to Will, who not only demonstrates his commitment to learning through outstanding A Level results, but a strong passion for his chosen subject and the role that Chemical Engineering plays within the energy sector.”

Will’s interest in Chemical Engineering began at a young age with him commenting, “I have always been interested in how things worked and where our everyday items that we take for granted come from. Chemical Engineering is the perfect balance between problem solving and creativity so I am inspired to pursue a degree in the subject.”

South Hook LNG’s Scholarship Programme encourages applications from local students seeking higher education in engineering, science or business related disciplines. Details for how to apply to the 2019 Programme will be available on the Company’s website next year.

-Ends-

Photo caption: Will Cahill with South Hook LNG’s General Manager Hamad Al Samra, Operations Manager Ken Hurley and HR Manager Andy Street.

Notes to Editor:

South Hook LNG is one of Europe’s largest Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Terminals.  It has a processing capacity of 15.6 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) and is capable of delivering up to 21 billion cubic metres (bcm) per annum of gas into the National Transmission System (NTS) – equivalent to around 20% of current UK natural gas needs. South Hook LNG’s shareholders are Qatar Petroleum, ExxonMobil and Total.

For further information, contact: Mariam Dalziel, Public Relations Manager
Tel: 01437 782202
Email:  Email: mdalziel@southhooklng.com
Website: www.southhooklng.com

You may also be interested in…