Twelve Pembrokeshire schools are celebrating wins in the in the South Hook LNG 2019 Calendar Competition, ‘Discovering History’. Each school will receive £1,000, as well as featuring in the Company’s 2019 calendar.
This year, South Hook LNG set schools the challenge of discovering history together, as part of a team or class entry, to be depicted in the form of a collage. Groups of schoolchildren, each using very different materials and approaches, created collages that focussed on defining moments or topics through the ages.
Mariam Dalziel, PR Manager at South Hook LNG said, “Thank you to all the schools for the amazing entries that we received from across the County, giving the judges a hard time to choose just twelve winners!” Mariam continued, “We chose history for the theme of this year’s competition, as it provided a wealth of opportunity and learnings for the children. Education, along with safety, the environment and wellbeing, is an important value to South Hook LNG and we are proud to be able to support projects of this kind.”
‘Apartheid, Nelson Mandela’, ‘First Man on the Moon’, ‘Hiroshima’ and ‘History of Wool’ are just a few of the thought provoking events and themes, imaginatively represented in the winning collages.
The winning schools for the 2019 South Hook LNG ‘Discovering History’ Competition are:
Broad Haven, Gelliswick, Llanychllwydog, St Teilo’s, Haverfordwest High, Templeton, Roch, Portfield, Milford Haven, Golden Grove, St Francis and Harri Tudur.
IMAGE CAPTION: Collages from each of the winning schools, with the teams that created them.
1. Broad Haven: The RNLI
2. Gelliswick: Invention of the Camera
3. Llanychllwydog: The History of Wool
4. St Teilos: The People and Places of Tenby
5. Havaerfordwest High: Hiroshima Never Forgotten
6. Templeton: Apartheid: Nelson’s View
7. Roch: First Man on the Moon
8. Portfield: Milford Haven Long Ago
9. Milford Haven: Queen Elizabeth 1st
10. Golden Grove: Celebrating 100 years of the Royal Air Force
11. St Francis: Fallen Fields
12. Harri Tudur: History of Egypt